Thursday, June 16, 2005

Karaoke

Now, some of you may know that I love to sing. . . have for a long, long time!

My girls. . .they're obsessed with Karaoke. Mom and Dad got Allie a Memorex Karaoke machine for Christmas last year, and it stays plugged in up in her room. And I hear endless renditions of "The Ants Go Marching In", "Backpack, Backpack", a ton of assorted Disney tunes, and their absolute favorite. . . "Little Bunny Foo Foo". Now I love a good tune too, and I'll admit, I sang it a lot in my time, but isn't there something wrong with bopping off the heads of field mice?? It's hard finding music I'll let them sing to. We haven't gotten into the teenie-bopper music with any of the kids. . . last thing I want the girls singing is "Oops, I did it again!" And they just don't have the love for the broadway tunes that I had when I was 6-8 (heck, that I STILL have!).

What I wouldn't give for the setup they have. When I was Allie's age, I was singing into a hairbrush, or, for some wierd reason, a porcelain bird statue. You make do I guess.

You can so see their personality differences here. Allie's so much more serious than Alaina. She's quieter, approaches life a bit more gently. She doesn't break a smile, it's serious stuff, this singing. She takes the microphone and puts it up to her mouth so that someone will hear her. Alaina. . . she's the total ham, she jumps around and it's hard to even get a shot of her. She giggles, she smiles. She grabs that microphone and tries her best to eat it, let it record her entire essence that makes her who she is.

Thank goodness, the singing session is over for today, and they've moved onto outside activities.. . . a few minutes of quiet for mom. At least until there's a fight over something out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! One question- do the girls take requests?? LOL!