Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's been a long time . . .

I kept thinking I'd make it back here, but just didn't. It all started with this little "scare" about where all my blog was being linked to. I think i got that issue fixed, but by that point, life had taken me on to other things.

Halloween came and went . . . Allison was a horse (again) and Alaina was the giraffe I sewed early in October. Ian . . .he was too cool for school! That kid wanted no part of trick or treating. We celebrated by setting up both our vehicles at the church's trunk or treat. I carved way too many pumpkins, Andy pulled the talking pumpkin act (pumpkin in the trunk, he was in the back seat and he talked to the kids through the karoake machine). I remember my dad doing that when we were little . .. except it was the front porch, not the trunk of the car.


We finished the soccer season . . . 3 last games, 3 team parties, and 3 sign-ups for the spring season. {sigh . . . another busy season}

We celebrated Veteran's Day at the kids' school. They always show work at showing the kids how important our Veterans are. Ian and Allison were fortunate enough to have both their grandfathers there. How could they resist? Ian called them up and sang the Marine Corps Hymn to Gary (Andy's dad) and the Anchors Aweigh to my dad. We swear we didn't put him up to that! Gary flew in for about 16 hours so that he could be there.



We adopted 2 kittens . . .we've named them Maverick (the guys named him after the Dallas Mavericks) and Fog (we girls named him that . . . .you know, Sandburg's The fog comes on little cat feet). We think Fog must be partly Siamese . . . look at the shape of that face!



Ian and Andy went to Pine Cove . . .where our fifth grade kids go for "outdoor education". They had a great time, and Andy says he's fighting me for the Gunn parent spot come Allison's turn.



Thanksgiving . . .thanksgiving was tame. We celebrated at my sister's house and had an enjoyable day.

Since then . . .the days have been busy . . . .Christmas is here, school parties have been planned and worked on, presents bought, and pictures have been taken. We think this one is funny . . .so typical of Alaina.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! The Blog is back!
I think another funny Chrismas 06 moment has to be the fact that during the 4th annual Griswold Christmas light search, Alaina said, "I'm giving points to everyone. Even the houses that don't have lights, they get points, too!" That cracked me up!
I'm thinking next year we definitely need to distribute our rubric since we take off points for neatness and such. It's only fair that the neighbors know this upfront! teehee