Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Elaine passed away this afternoon. We will miss her so much and are so sad that we can no longer talk to her, joke with her, play games with her. I think the hardest thing I've ever had to do was tell the kids about her. We spent some time recalling some of our favorite memories of Aunt Lainey. One of the first things mentioned was how fun our trip to Disney was because she was along. Even though our kids didn't know it, Elaine actually did a lot of the planning and suggesting of things to do as we'd never been. She was so excited by the thought of us surprising our kids with that trip. At the time, Andy and I hoped we'd create some memories that the kids could remember, even after Elaine would get so sick and eventually pass away. I'm so glad that will apparently be the case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great picture. I will definately miss playing the games with Elaine. She never really cared what we played, as long as we played. I am so glad you all had the opportunity to go to Disney together. I think you are right- those memories will be priceless for all the kids. I am thankful they have that.
Heather, I am so very sorry about your loss and will keep you and your family in my prayers. I know how long of a road this has been for you all!
Jessica
Again, Heather, I am so very sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family as you endure this road filled with sorrow and hardships. Take care.
Heather . . . still thinking of you and praying for all of you during this difficult time!
Post a Comment