This last month has been a good one . . .a busy one, but a good one. I've been on two field trips and went to 2 field days. We've had mother's day (I was treated well . . . gift cards to barnes and noble, ReCollections, and iTunes. . .plus the experience of taking classes with Donna Downey in Waco), several Brownie meetings, a visit from Andy's parents, and the end of soccer season.
Allison had a field trip to Dallas World Aquarium. It was CROWDED! There was a line around the building just to get in . . .all those schools taking end of the year field trips! Every time we go, I get a kick out of these wierd creatures.

We also took a field trip with her class to the Texas Butterfly gardens. Let me tell you that was a letdown after going to the butterfly garden in Costa Rica! Not like I was expecting it to be THAT good . . .but I was expecting to see more than 3 butterflies!
Field day . . . always an experience! The kids had them back to back, so I spent 2 days out in the sun. Allison got upset when she didn't get enough water balloons at the water balloon fight (the kids rushed the coolers and got them . . .and little timid Allie didn't fight her way through the crowd). And the poor girl scraped her knees and hands up pretty bad when falling on the concrete. . . she so takes after clumsy me! Ian . . .they do this hula hoop game where you all hold hands and you pass a hoop around in a circle. He figured out how to do a "double pass" by sneaking in the hoop after his teacher. tehehe I think it might've been a way to get closer to her! Andy and I both think he's got a little crush!


Mother's day was spent with my family . . . we went to a little neighborhood Italian restaurant. The one that Andy and I ate at every week or so when we lived in the duplex in Plano. Love that place! Then we went to Mom and Dad's for the afternoon. We actually got some pictures. As usual, no good picture of the 3 kids and I . . . .there's always one that just is irritated to have a picture taken and this year it was Allie!


We had a mother's tea in Ian's class . . . they presented us all with poems they'd written about their mothers. Here's a couple from Ian's collection.

Cinquain:
Heather
Joyful, Kind
Helping, Loving, Cleaning (mom's note: boy do I have him fooled on that last one!)
The greatest mother ever
Mom
Picture poem (written around a drawing of a Dr. Pepper can)
My mother loves Dr. Pepper
Dr. Pepper is the soda that could keep anyone happy any day.
Dr. Pepper rules!
WWWWW (this so wasn't a poem type when I was growing up!)
WHO: Heather
WHAT: left home
WHEN: today
WHERE: to ReCollections
WHY: She wanted to scrapbook (so funny, because I can't tell you the last time I scrapbooked there!)
Haiku:
Brake Time (gonna have to teach that kid brake vs. break!)
Heather is working
Walking up and down stairs
Her brake is coming.
and finally, the Acrostic.. . . I laughed when Ian informed me he looked most of these up in the dictionary! Searching the dictionary for random words to discribe me! ROFL
Harmless
Eggle-eyed
Awesome
Taught
Helpful
Energetic
Radiant
Spent the past weekend going to Waco for those Donna Downey classes. My friend Terri came down with her husband from Oklahoma and picked me up. We headed down towards Waco, but had to stay in Hillsboro for the night. Baylor graduation cleared out all the rooms in Waco and most of them in Hillsboro as well! We met Jess, Jamie and Jamie's mom and sister and had a great day! Classes were great, company was great.
Okay. . .not making any promises, but will try and post more regularly!
2 comments:
You were in Waco and didn't call me??? :-0 Next time call and we'll do lunch! :-)
Carol
I enjoyed our visit for lunch this week in Plano. Hope to see you again soon. Enjoy your trip to San Antonio.
Post a Comment