Thursday, April 20, 2006

Easter and a trip to the ER

Thank goodness the trip to the ER wasn't on Easter!

Easter went well. We celebrate with my family each year, as we all live within about 25 minutes of each other (that time would be drastically shortened if we could convince our parents to move a bit further north!). The kids got their baskets, hunted eggs, we all had a nice lunch. Couple of photos:

Fast forward to yesterday .. . I go to the side of the school where Ian gets picked up and he's holding a bag of ice on his hand and crying. He was running and hit some kid's head on accident (don't even ask . . .it's one of those weird, why do you think that's a good idea thing that kids do that Ian ran too close to!) with his hand. He hurt enough they sent him to the nurse, but as recess is the last thing they do at school, I'm sure she figured I wasn't going to get there any sooner if she called me.

I get him home. . .feeling around the pinky is NOT something he wants me to do. He cringed when I touched certain parts. His pinky looked slightly swollen . . .but he's broken this same pinky before and I don't think it swelled at all the last time. So off to the ER the 4 of us went.

After about an hour, the dr. said there was a spot on the x-ray that looked like it could be a fracture. . .nothing like vagueness, huh? So they splinted him. Those little metal finger splints just wasn't the right size for him (it was like Goldilocks. .. one was too small, one was too big . . .unfortunately no just right!), so they put a fiberglass splint on him until we can see the specialist. ROFL .. .this makes it look like a horrible injury, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

goodness! that is quite the splint! never a dull moment right?

Lovely gd Cee said...

wow Heather, you got the most adorable looking kids!!!
hope the little Mr's finger is doing well now.

Jamie said...

you are worse at bloggin than me...hehe!