Terri and I had a terrific time at the scrapbooking retreat. Flight there. . .well, not the best flight I've ever had. Bumpy most of the time, and the worst landing I've ever had. Terri and Bud were there to pick me up and we went to eat Mexican. Then Terri and I headed off to the store. Nothing like getting to wonder around scrapbooking supplies when you know there's no one else trying to see what you're seeing (and there's no Alaina to keep up with!).
We ran a few errands the next day, then headed to Joplin. ROFL . .without a map to tell us how to get to the building where the event was. I didn't print one, my printer is almost totally out of ink, and I figured knowing 1/2 the directions wouldn't help much. Terri's printer . . .dead. . . .internet at the store . . .dead. Oh well. We did find the place -- right across the street from the Wok & Roll. ROFL Don't ask me to actually say it, or you'll learn what I had many years of speech therapy for when I was in elementary school!
We noticed there were 2 big groups there . . . .CM scrappers, and people who worked with page kits/idea books.
I finished a book for Ian about the Harry Potter Midnight party we went to last summer.


Concept is from Donna Downey's album book (a cardboard box album), but I had my SIL grab me some HP book boxes when the book came out and used those.
And I spent all day Saturday working on a week in the life book for me, but I'm still no where finished! Terri worked on one project after another. I think just about everyone in the place asked about the wooden blocks she was making. I can't wait to see them completed . . .as she didn't have all the embellies she wanted to put on them.
Oh, I actually won 2 door prizes . . .when does that ever happen to me? I got an online gift cert and a package of bazzill red monochromatics. Very nice.
One note . . .if you ever plan a scrapbooking retreat. . .avoid the "spring forward" weekend! EEK . ..that loss of an hour still has me reeling. Terri will tell you I kept her up until at least 1 am each night! She's such a good sport. . .but really girl, you could go to sleep and leave me to yakking my head off to myself! {grin}
I always love spending time with Terri . . .this was no exception! It was an awesome weekend! So glad we only have to wait about 6 weeks to do it again.
2 comments:
awesome Heather!!! great looking album. i love it!!! and oh... door prizes- what a miracle huh? i never win either- or should i say: i rarely win
my poppo used to say "home again, home again...jiggity jog" ;o)
I'm all caught up on you now- the retreat sounds great...getting anything done is an accomplishment!
Good pics from CR...love the waterfall!
Post a Comment