So, I came across an entry in Wikipedia last night that was about the high school I graduated from. Just somehow didn't occur to me that there would be a time when Plano Senior High was an entry in an online encyclopedia (thanks to the elementary teacher that made that a bonus word! . . . .one lesson I've never forgotten).
I learned a lot of things about the school system I spent 13 years in. Learned the superintendent I had all throughout my school years was the one that put the high school system into place in Plano. I learned the whole history of Plano Senior . . . way back to 1891. And who knew that Plano had an opera house in the early 1900's? I also learned that they added a 6th building to the campus 4 years ago . . .and indoor workout facility. Hmmmm . . . .
And I learned that at least 3 professional athletes, 2 actors ( went through HS and senior HS with one), 1 reality TV "star", 1 astronaut, and the first doctor to attend to JFK (and then attended to Oswald) and is now a professor emeritus at the medical school where my sister got her PA degree. Surely out of all the people who've ever graduated from PSHS, there are more that have become famous in some way . . . so, of course that led me to a google search . . .I remembered a guy coming to visit my theater class that had just made a movie. . . .he now plays some character on General Hospital. Then there's another girl that played a character on the Wishbone PBS series . . . then there's the guy that apparently played the Gold Ranger in the Power Rangers, who has gone on to do a lot of appearances on various TV shows. . . a gal that spent 3 years on Life Goes On . .. . a guy that is now on House . . . and I'm sure the list has gone on.
On a sadder note, one of our alumni was a casualty in Somalia during the conflict that was later depicted in Blackhawk Down. His widow was a gal that graduated at the same time as I did . . .we were on the same drill team in 9th and 10th grade. I remember as a newlywed seeing her and her inlaws on a TV newshow as I sat watching in my married housing apartment at college.
I looked for classmates on various classmate finder sites. . .looks like there aren't many people looking for PSHS grads from 1989!
Now that I've taken a trip back to senior year, I'm going to have to dig up photos!
Friday, June 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment