Monday, June 12, 2006

You're Invited . . .


Okay, so you're not really invited . . . .unless you're going to come and help me!

I sent out 19 of these things this morning for a total of 21 girls (2 sets of sisters). For a slumber party (was that thud you fainting or your jaw hitting the floor?).

For 3 years, Allie's waited for a slumber party. Back when Ian had his first one at age 7, we told her that would have to be the magic age. What was I thinking?????

Summer birthdays. . . it's so hard. You can never tell how many people will actually come. One year we went out 25 invites for Ian's party . . .and 8 kids showed up. Great size . . .next year, we invited the same set of kids (basically) and SEVENTEEN of them came! EEK.

So, we're doing pizza, cake, crafty stuff (we're going to make girly stuff like body glitter and lipgloss and such . . .and fuzzy flip flops) . . . and here's hoping I don't have to fit 22 girls into my family room! We might turn the sleepover into a camp out.

In other party news . . .Ian's parties have gotten smaller. He's got a good friend who has a really smart mom. They get parties for birthdays 1-5, then just have a friend or 2 celebrate until they hit the 10th birthday, then another big party, then just a couple big parties through their teenage years. I decided to incorporate this after Ian's birthday last year (when I learned of such wonderful things). Ian's got 3 friends coming to GattiTown with us, then whoever can, will spend the night here.

Then next Friday is Allie's shindig, then I'll be done until October . . .when the 2nd annual birthday carnival is supposed to happen (she loved it so much last year, she's asking for it again!).

1 comment:

scrappinmia said...

I usually don't leave you a comment.....I'm too lazy! I just had to tell you that I was choking back the tears on this one. It must be so cool to have a child that is TEN YEARS OLD. As much as I don't want mine to ever get that old....I also can't wait to see what I will write to her on her 10th birthday.