
We went to see Stomp last night with some of Allison's girl scout troop. Andy and I had decided back in May that we were going to go ahead and get tickets for the 5 of us. A lot of times, I'll just take the girls with me and Andy and Ian have a night to themselves. But Andy had been wanting to see Stomp, so we decided Ian would go as well. I sat down with him on Tuesday to show him some clips . . .thinking it interest him. Should've known . . . pre-teen boy strikes again. He deemed it "Okay" said he was sure he'd like it IF he was actually a percussionist. I passed on his lack of interest to Andy, thinking if Ian wasn't going to enjoy it, I had a certain sister who might want his ticket (see, Brooke. . . .I really did try!). Andy basically said Ian would just have to tough it out.
I think we were 5 minutes into the show before Ian was totally mesmorized. tehehe. He then blamed it on my lack of finding "good" video -- if he'd known it would be like that. . .
When we got back in the car, I informed him that happened for a reason. Just wanted to be able to prove to the pre-teen kid that Mom and Dad were, in fact, smart! {giggle}
After talking last night, I think Andy and I decided that we'd head back to the dallas summer musicals for our anniversary this year. We used to do that all the time, but haven't been in years. I'm not sure that we've seen a musical since the summer Allison was born 9 years ago!
1 comment:
Heather, first time I've had to catch your blog. Love it. Pictures worth millions, letter to Ian sweet tugging of the heart, and the timeline indicator of how quickly things get done with remodeling at your house were of special interest. Pat and I need to follow your lead. He finished my little private whatever room about three weeks ago, and I still haven't moved back in. Only the computer has been Pat set up. We're just plain tired.
Post a Comment