Okay . .. it's spring break, and I'm exhausted! I can't even remember what we did yesterday! We went to see Shaggy Dog this weekend, ran errands for about 4 hours Sunday afternoon, and yesterday is a vague memory. I went to 24 Hr. Fitness, then we drove to a ton of places and shopped.
Today . . .we went here. Fantastic place. Kids love it .. . love seeing all the animals, love having them come up to our van. They spent a majority of the time laughing and making up backgrounds/stories for the animals. We saw a lot of little ones. There was a wreck (looked like a fender bender to me!) on the way up there on a 1-lane highway that stalled us for 35 minutes! EEK Then once we got there, we were one of what had to be a good 75ish or more cars in line to go through. Note to self: Never go during Spring Break again. To make matters worse, I think a National Geographic photographer was in front of me. Every animal . . .he'd stop, hands would come out of sliding rear windows in his van, and he would wait for the "perfect shot". Waiting as in MINUTES! And he'd stop in the middle of the road so you couldn't get by. ARGH I took my fair share of shots, but shot while the kids fed.
Tomorrow . . . .it's Planet Pizza day. It's $5 (as opposed to $10) admission day. Then we've got a soccer practice. I'm hoping for a workout and some time to rest!
Here are a couple animal pics:
Picture 1 . . .taken with a zoom . . .looks like he's posing, doesn't he? The second guy stuck his head in my window (see the door lock in the lower right hand corner?) and wouldn't move until I fed him. His accomplice did the same thing on the other side and scared Alaina terribly! The third picture . . .I love the Mama and Baby giraffe nuzzling. So cute! The 4th . . .this giraffe was standing ON the road and waited for each car to pass by so he could stick his head down and get some food. They tell you not to feed them from your hands . ..but those darned rams (or whatever they are) and this particular giraffe didn't know the rules!
The last picture . .. fuzzy . . .but shows a mama trying to steady her newborn and get him to walk. @@ National Geographic man sat there for a good 4 minutes. . .then apparently the Mama was getting "anxious" (how to the people sitting out there --workers-- know this?) and they forced us all to move on without stopping to watch this cute little pair. So this picture was taken while we were moving.




No comments:
Post a Comment