Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I Think I've Recooperated!



I stayed up until . . .I don't know . .. about 3am. The girls were all up before 8am. You'd think 5 hours would be enough, but I slept on the couch!

Clarification, in case anyone thinks I'm totally insane. There were 6 girls all night, 13 girls total for the "bath junkie" part of the party. We have, in the past, had 11 boys all night. Andy thought the girls would be louder, but discovered boys really are louder.

Poor Allison . . .still takes her like 6 blows to get the candles out! The cake was done by my friend Erin . . .she's got a cake business going. Excuse the picture . . .I didn't do any cropping!



I didn't get any pictures of the bath junkie part of the party. Was too busy being crafty with the girls.

Andy was in charge of flip flops. We had to hot glue the marabou to the flip flops, so all the girls could do with that one was pick out the pair they wanted and the color of marabou they wanted.

I did lip gloss. We used this kit from oriental trading. I tried to let the girls scoop out the base ingredient (vaseline, basically) . .. . that was a disaster. I ended up letting them scoop the glitter and stir it.

I found several recipes online for various things. Recipes follow:

Body Glitter

Get a small container (I used those little glad lock containers. . . the tiny ones). Fill it up 3/4 of the way with aloe vera gel. Stir in coloring (I used those colorants they sell for making soaps). I was surprised how little you had to put in to override the green of the gel. Well, except for making yellow . . .yellow was not easy! Stir in glitter. You've got the body glitter. The girls loved that one.

Bubble Bath

1/2 cup baby shampoo or mild dishwashing soap (tried the lavendar shampoo . . .sooooooo didn't work! I ended up using ivory)
1/4 c water
1/2-1 tsp glycerin
6-10 drops fragrance (again use the essential oils for soap making)
coloring

Put everything in some kind of mixing bowl and stir. Then pour it into a bottle (I used those little travel bottles you can get at Target).

The girls loved doing that . . .and those 4 things took up about an hour's worth of time. We had stations, so the girls would find a spot at a station they hadn't done yet.

Had pizza/cake/opened presents. Then did water balloons . . .had them chase Andy and get him, then get each other.

After that, they came in and we started High School Musical. All the girls sang along with it .. . even the ones that had never seen it before (we played the sing-along version). By the end of it, we were down to just the 6 girls . . .they watched Catch that Kid. By the time that was over, it was midnight and I insisted on lights out. Of course, there was a lot of giggling after the lights went out!

So, all in all . . .. great party. And I have no idea what I'll do next year to live up to that one!

Here's a picture of Allie and my neice. She's 10 months younger than Allie and 15 months older than Alaina. {sigh} I'm scared of the teenage years!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute cake! You should've posted a picture of Andy helping w/ the flip flops!! LOL! I regret not taking pictures of Patrick playing 'Pen the wand on Tinkerbell' at Emma's party. I have a friend who dances and sings w/ her girls to High School Musical... okay that's me. :-) I love that corny show!
Carol

scrappinmia said...

WOW. Sounds like fun and a lot of work. I'm not sure if I ready for the big birthday party years. What am I saying....of course I am. Sounds like you did a great job and she will always remember how fun it was.
Cindy

Patience said...

what an amzing party you throw! I'll be calling you to plan parties for me in the future!

You are making wonderful memories... :)