Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Few Things I've Learned . . .

(1) I'm officially old. At least in ACU's eyes. I'm old enough that they hit me up for money for scholarships and to go to $250 per plate dinners. And I'm apparently so old that they wouldn't hire me to be a Dorm Mom . . .or as they're called today "Resident Director" . . .they're so young, you can't call them "Mom". Who knows . .. this change may partially be due to such hijinks as certain roommates sneaking back into the dorm mom's window instead of ours (right next to the dorm mom) after curfew one night. Tehehe . .. she snuck in and snuck right back out again. At any rate, from the latest ACU Today, best I can figure I have at least 8 years on all the "RD"s they highlighted.

(2) Preteens with whistles isn't usually a good thing. FSA figures the best place to train the new referees is with the new little soccer players. I'm surprised we got 3 consecutive plays out of the girls during Alaina's team. You would've thought they were playing in the World Cup for all the rule following that little ref wanted the girls to do! Confused those girls right out of their minds. Not sure which was worse, that ref, or the other prepubescent ref we had a week earlier. . . who didn't seem to think he had the authority to do anything!

(3) Regardless . .. it probably isn't a good thing to pull on a soccer jersey . . .either the opponent's or your own teammate's. . . just so you can get the ball! tehehe

(4) Don't just assume that when you email a teacher with the title "A question about (my student's) grade" and sign it with your own last name that the teacher will be able to figure out exactly what child you're referring to. I'm assuming this is the cause of some wierd email responses I've been getting! tehehe . . talk about giving a mom a heart attack!

and (5) Sleep's overrated!

Going to leave you now with a picture of what Alaina does every time they score a goal:


Hoping to share something soon that has NOTHING to do with soccer! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so stinkin' cute. So... is that called a "low" five that she does? I love the look on her face, and I love how her hair is "flying" in the picture. Good action you captured.