(first an update on previous post) . . .
I signed up to be Ian's room mom, but the lady in charge of the whole shebang tried to get me to do Allison's class. I stood my ground and said I needed to at least be available to go to Ian's parties before the one that's the last day of school (as everyone "has" -- how do they enforce that? -- to work that one.). So now, I'm not a room mom for the year . . .YIPPEE! Of course, I do feel bad as Allie's teacher is a 1st year teacher and I hate that she's gotta feel no one wants to do it. See, I could so guilt myself into this!
And . .. .got the soccer schedules, and there are only 2 weekends I have to ask for help from my family. One's the weekend Andy will be out of town . . .all 3 kids' games start between 9:15 and 10! and then I need a "just in case" adult for picture day as the kids' games are not super spread apart.
*********************************************
Okay, now for the real post.
My downstairs is a MESS! More than the usual "there's a load of laundry on the couch, the kids can't put away a dish to save their lives, I spent the night scrapbooking" kind of mess. The kids have too much stuff . . . the girls are paring down their toys, etc in order to have new comforters/paint/etc according to their specifications. Well, that got me started on a cleaning spree. I have an under the stair closet that was full of junk. I pulled all that out. The closet looks GREAT! Everything in it's place, etc. . .but the rest of the downstairs? I'm still wading though all that stuff.
I get hooked on those cleaning shows . . .not sure why. #1, none of them come to Texas, and #2, if they did, I so wouldn't have my house (and it's innards) on display so that there would be photographic proof of how much stuff I haven't parted with! But lately, I've found the Style network . . .and Niecy Nash. Ohhhhhh, they help those people get the clutter out, "guide" (or bribe) them to make tough choices on what stays and goes, throw a yard sale, then these lovely rooms appear! I'd love the beautiful rooms, that would be nice . . .but what I'd love even more would be to have those people that deal with the mess . . . throw the stuff out, tag it for the yard sale, call the charity truck. I could SOOOOOO live with that!
Speaking of Niecy, oh my goodness . . .too much late night watching of Clean House can cause you to pick up Niecy's mannerisms and sayings. ROFL . . . I bribed Ian into going to see a movie he didn't want to see (Invincible), told him that was "a whole other show" about something that had nothing to do with TV (ROFL . . .he said "Mom, were we talking about a show?"), and I had to keep from saying "uh-hmmm" in the way she does!
So, here's me . . . off to go and clean up all this mess I've made . . .then I gotta figure out how to get the garage to the dump, because I ALWAYS do this the day after trash pickup when it's going to be delayed the next week because of a holiday!
Friday, September 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment