Alaina, however, doesn't want to wait for western day . . .. these red boots were made for walking, or in these pictures, ballet dancing. That's Alaina standing on top of a kiddie picnic table practicing her positions and her plies.


Alaina pulls these darned things out of the closet at least 3 days a week. Usually, I can deter her. . .convince her that boots don't just go with everything. She already thinks they go with a lavender My Little Pony Sweatsuit. {sigh} I might have to hide that thing or Clinton and Stacy will have their first 4 year old fashion intervention. I don't know, we don't do the pop culture thing in our house, but she's got that boots and short skirt thing down pat. For now, however, I've managed to keep them contained to backyard and house usage only.
How long do you think that will last? Those of you who've actually MET Alaina?
4 comments:
Gigglegigglegiggle. Just yesterday Alyssa had me take her to Payless so that she could buy an obnoxious pair of floral print rain boots. They are bright, and they stand out like a sore thumb. Maybe you could pick up a pair of $12 rubber boots for your niece? They are every bit as OUT THERE as the red cowboy boots. LOVE THESE PICTURES!
She's just going through a phase....most kids do. Please tell Alaina that I have a pair of red suede cowboy boots myself....they don't come out of my closet as often as hers, but I sure love them when I do decide to wear them. I like Alaina's quest for unique-ness....
The plie in the boots is just too cute!!
The boots are cute, but as uncomfortable as cowboy boots are, she'll get through this phase quickly!! My husbands feet are shaped like cowboy boots from wearing them his whole life. I don't think I could pay him to put on a pair today! I'd have to pass on the boots themselves but LOVE the thought of RED shoes!!
Have a great day, Heather!
Sophia
Post a Comment