
Alaina spent the night with my parents last night, and was so excited to see me. She actually said "I KNEW you'd be here!" like I hadn't told her 157 that I'd see her at school today. Then she wanted to make sure her cookies made it. She'd helped me make them and was so proud to see them on the dessert table.


I had several people ask me about the recipe. . . you might know it, now that you've seen the finished product. World's easiest cookies. And everybody must've loved them . . .they were gone quickly.
Peanut Butter Cup Tarts
1 roll of slice and bake Peanut Butter cookies (or if you're so inclined, guess you could do it from scratch, like my mom had to do during my childhood!)
1 large bag of Mini Reeses PB cups (I used a "big bag" . . .it had 80 cups in it)
Refrigerate PB cups at least an hour, then unwrap them and stick them back in the fridge. Preheat oven to 350. Spray mini muffin pans with cooking spray. Slice cookies and then quarter slices. Drop one in the bottom of each muffin pan cup. Bake for 6 minutes. As soon as you pull the cookies out, push a cup down into the center of each cookie. Let them cool and then put the pans in the fridge to cool further. When they're cold, use a knife to gently "pry" them out of each cup.
***********************

In other happenings . . .is there a problem with me being addicted to a children's show? I hope not! We love the Backyardigans (Nick Jr) here . . . all of us! The music is just so darned catchy and they dance. . . and the story lines are so cute! I bought the CD "for Alaina" this week (yeah, right! It was because *I* wanted it!) and we've been singing along with it on a daily basis. Alaina left preschool today and wanted to leave like a "secret agent". . . sneaking through the halls so no one would see her and creeping on her tiptoes. . . just like the Backyardigans do it.
4 comments:
Oooh-oooh-oooh! I've got to tell you that I've been telling people about your peanutbutter tarts before I even got the recipe! Thanks for sharing! I'm EXCITED! These may be one of the treats I share this year during the holidays! Have a great day!
Sophia
Heather--I, too, am TOTALLY addictted to the Backyardigans!! Maya thinks they are just ok but I make her watch them now--it's too funny! I find myself singing their songs constantly. Does this mean our brains are turning to mush?!?! :) And don't you just love their names??!?!?! So politically correct!! Ha!
Tonya (Erin's friend)
I love the pb tarts- big fan! Not a big fan of the backyardigans, but i LOVE the Doodlebops! I think they are on Disney and they don't show up on the guide...if you click on Daniel Cook you will see them. Anyway, their music is very un-kid sounding...and to add to my dorkdum...i'm trying to learn the get on the bus dance...did I just tell you that? I'm not like rewinding or anything, but it's totally something I would have done in high school and then incorporated it into a cheer!
She is so dang cute. Can I borrow her sometimes? Really, I want to be her friend because the kid cracks me up.
Now, about those Backyard-a-what-ever-you-called-them... HUH? I am so out of it when it comes to kid's things. But hey! I do know what a Hollaback Girl is, so I'm pretty much HIP when it comes to teenager things.
Post a Comment