Allison went to stay with my parents on Sunday evening. She and my mom had an interesting conversation:
Allie: "Mimi, how old was my mom when the war happened?"
"What war, Sweetie Pie?" (Mom's got a nickname for each of the kids . . . Allie's is Sweetie Pie. . .I keep telling her I don't know what's going to happen when someone has a boy; Ian's name is "Favorite Boy"!)
"You know . . . . . The Civil War!"
ROFL, how the child knows about the Civil War in the first place, I'm not sure! But that she thought I was alive during it is even funnier!
My mom spent the next several minutes convincing Allie that I wasn't alive during the Civil War. That Mimi, Dad-Dad (what the kids call my dad) and Nana (Mom's mom) weren't even alive during the Civil War. Allie really didn't believe her for the first few minutes.
So, yesterday, I was driving Ian and Allie home from the dentist and said "Hey, did you guys know Mimi and Dad-Dad came over on the Mayflower?" Both Ian and Allie said "Really????"
Tehehe . . . .nothing like "getting" your kids back when they think you're 140+ years old.
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute story!!! That's definitly one for the scrapbooks. Love the album you made for your friend. You are going to have show me how you bound it with bookcloth. I have no idea. It sounds like you've been busy!
Cindy
What would Miss Erin do without your kids around to make me laugh??!!
Snorting at the way her mind works. She is so funny. John once asked me how old I was when carpet was invented. He actually thought I lived in a log cabin with a dirt floor when I was growing up. These kids have no concept of time. A "long time ago" must mean when we, their parents, were kids. Sheesh, makes me feel ancient. I LOVE your Mayflower response. Good one!
Post a Comment