Thursday, January 05, 2006

Two Things I Hate About Christmas

Now that the Christmas season is over, I gotta admit. There's 2 things I hate about Christmas. The first one is putting Christmas away. Taking down the 4 trees, finding places for all the new toys (so they're not all over the floor), getting the house back into order. I've not made much headway on this, so far. I set the girls to work taking ornaments off the big tree, with the order that they were not to touch the china ones, the dept 56 ones, or the Christopher Radko. Like they know what any of these things are! And Ian took the ornaments off his tree. That's as far as we've gotten! We have had years that the kids' trees end up staying up until March because I just want to avoid that they need to be put away.

The second thing I hate about Christmas . . .the weight gain! All the yummy desserts, the baked goods, the potatoes. . . they all call to me! I was shocked when I got on the scales and discovered I'd LOST 7 lbs over the holiday season! Whooooohoooooo!

The kids are all back in school today. Before Alaina left, I took some shots of her with her favorite piggies in her hair. I wanted to try out the new 50mm fixed lens. Here are a couple shots:


Now I just have to figure out how to use the new PSE 4.o!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

so glad school is back! getting back to normal is the hard part!

Anonymous said...

Alaina is such a cutie!! Is she in Kindergarten? My Emma would love her!

Aubrey and I were sick w/ the same thing over Christmas. Thank goodness I sleep w/ the doctor! He gave us meds and gave me a shot... there's a down side!

Carol

Patience said...

What a cutie! Glad to hear that you are all feeling better! Hope you have a healthy 2006!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the piggies! Laughing out loud about the kids trees up until March - that's funny. One year we had Halloween up until Christmas, and I thought that was bad - 3 months of orange and black, YUK.

I'm so happy to hear that you got your new lens and also PSE 4.0. Lucky you. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I've missed you, my friend. I promise to get back in the swing of things this month so that I can keep up with your always exciting life. HUGS!