I remember being so thrilled whenever it snowed when I was growing up. I remember the ice storm we had in the Dallas area when I was growing up. Details. . . such as the year, month, etc . . . escaped me. I went looking online. You can look at the ice storm of 1978 at this site and see some video of it. I remember getting on the old white rain boots . . . you know, the kind you put on over your shoes, and going out to play. We kids just didn't get the idea of how much you could hurt yourself playing on ice. I went "ice skating" on the neighbor's circle drive and fell something horrible. . . I'm surprised I didn't break anything!
Now. . . not so thrilled with the weather. . .I hate it hot, I hate it cold. I like me some 75-90 degree days. So, today, I sent the kids out to play and stepped outside to snap some pictures. So here are a couple shots of the kids. . . didn't get a single of Ian, he's hitting that "too cool" stage for a lot of things. I had a hard enough time getting a picture of the 3 of them. Hmmm . . . funny, Mom and Dad have a photo of us in 1978 . . . .my brother's 10, I'm 7, my sister would've been about 2.5. I'll have to find a copy of that one and scan for a side-by-side comparison.
I will be posting pictures from Oct-Jan below this post .. . you know, trying to get caught up.
No comments:
Post a Comment