Ian (and well, the rest of us) went to the book signing for The End, the last Lemony Snicket book. "Lemony" is a stitch . . .we enjoyed hearing what he told people as he was signing books. He suggested running away to the kid in front of us. To Ian, he told him he survived life. tehehe . . .it was funny in context. Then, of course, he told him what it would take to survive life. . . watch out when you cross the road, eat well, don't talk to strangers. . . at which point, he said an abrupt "Goodbye" . . . as LS was a stranger.
I mentioned the end of soccer season in a previous post. . . . it's about to start up again. Andy will be the coaches for both the girls' teams. EEK . . .not sure how that's going to work out!
I took pictures for our Christmas card. I wasn't just thrilled with the results. Had I had more time, I would've done a few things diferently. But still thought they turned out fairly well.

We spent Christmas Eve at our house . . .as usual. Mimi and Dad-Dad (my parents), Aunt Brooke and Uncle Chris (my sister and bil), and Erin and Dave (Erin has spent most Christmas Eves with us since 1999) all came to share the evening with us.
Christmas morning was spent opening gifts at our house and eating breakfast, then moving to Mom and Dad's house for lunch (and an appetizer dinner) and more gift giving.
My birthday . . . January 13 . . . we went out to lunch with all of my family at Texas Land and Cattle to celebrate both my birthday and my brother's (whose birthday is January 14). Tehehe . . .ended up with a lot of "flat gifts" . . . ie. . . money and gift cards. Means I've got some shopping to do! Mom and Dad did give me this star filter I've been wanting. Took pictures of my family room light for samples. Photos are without the filter than with the filter.
Then we had our first "bad weather" of 2007 on January 17th. I couldn't believe that they canceled school for the day. A late start would've worked fine. Instead, the kids stayed home and played in the ice (see Feb. 1 post on my ice playing memories!). I found it very funny that the kids were scraping the streets with a shovel trying to get something out. And the girls attempted snow angels on the ice . . .. needless to say, it didn't work.
We had a celebration to commemorate the fact that our school is a 2006 No Child Left Behind Blue Ribbon school. They shared photos and stories from their trip to DC with us.
Just a few quick snapshots of what we've been doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment