


We had our Super Looper picnic last night. Both the older 2 kids have been involved in the "looping" program at our school -- means they have the same teacher and the same kids in their class for K and 1st grades. So every summer, they have a get together half way through. We had it at Friendship Park here in town. It was a park that was built by the community. A couple years ago, it was burned by an arsonist and we hadn't been back since it was rebuilt. The kids loved it. As you can see, Alaina didn't want to leave!
Ian spent another 4 days playing in the creek at The Heritage Farmstead. He loves this program, both creek camp and the farm camp. The girls love farm camp. It's a cool little place,smack dab in the middle of a regular street. I'm guessing the creek he plays in is the same one that my brother and I used to play in when we were kids.. .just a bit further east.
Ian and Allie finished up The Handwriting Clinic. It's amazing the difference 2 weeks have made on both their handwriting. If you're in the DFW area, and you need serious handwriting help for a kid, I highly recommend them!
Today, I spent a good chunk of time scoping out Targets for document boxes in the $1 spot (not out anywhere yet), Gymboree (trying to find something to exchange a couple of things that didn't fit . . .not much luck), going to Hobby Lobby to get some Hermafix refills at 1/3 off (they didn't have any, sigh) and "stalking" Donna Downey on her blog. She's giving away what she calls her "garbage" and let it be known today's giveaway would be between 3-5 EST. Well, that's all you gotta tell a bunch of us Donna fans, huh? ROFL . .. She needed to put a chat room on her blog (can you do that???) to keep all of us occupied while we were hitting F5 waiting for her post. I had the best luck all day there! I ended up lucky enough to win her giveaway for today. And it certainly wasn't garbage!
Big question for the day. . .who gets the DRebel? DH or I? I'm taking Ian to the HP party. . . DH has the opportunity to shoot more fireworks in the front yard with the tripod. ::sigh:: I guess I should let him have the digital and I take a regular SLR, huh? Have I mentioned I have control issues with the camera?
2 comments:
WHOOO HOOO! see just wanted to cheer you up!
Heather.....i tried to figure out your email, but i figured i'd just post on your blog.
Michigan and the Chicago river, essentially. They set up on the sidewalk, about a few blocks down from the Chicago river. They are probably there every saturday, but i could be wrong!
Hope that helps!
Post a Comment