Thursday, July 28, 2005

Sisterchicks

If you've ever read a Sisterchicks book, you know the definition . . .

Sisterchick /n./ a friend who shares the deepest wonders of your heart, loves you like a sister, and provides a reality check when you're being a brat.

From the first moment I read a Sisterchicks book (check my nightstand for a link), I knew I'd found the definition of what Terri was. She's my Sisterchick.

We don't get together as often as either of us would like, but when we do. .. it's like we've not skipped a beat.

My crew arrived in Claremore about 4:30 . . .quickly checked in the Microtel, and headed over to Terri's store, Simply Scrapbooks (once again . . check links to the right). I was prepared.. . I had my DRebel, so we could get some pics of us . .. then left the darned thing in the car. ::sigh::

She taught a Rusty Pickle recipe book class. She put me next to someone she thought I'd click with .. . .we chatted all night long and missed half of Terri's directions! A good third of the class wanted to use the sample recipes as their own . . .guess they cook even less than I do! Got my shopping in . .. I'd rather shop at Terri's store than any LSS in the nation!

Off to dinner and talking at Chilis and we didn't get to spend nearly enough time together. . . but it was time well spent, for sure.

I'd planned on putting a pic of Terri and I right about here. . . .guess that will have to be updated with an older one when I get home. I find it very funny that the LSS owner and the scrapbooker never seem to take many pictures when they get together!

Oh, I should post that Andy took the kids, and they went bowling and to the Rib Crib. . .and to WalMart to pick up yet more things we'd realized we'd forgotten. ROFL He was so great to let me spend this time with Terri.

We left so late we didn't go through OKC to see the Memorial . . .so we'll have to go there another weekend soon. We both want to see it.

Things I learned in Claremore (or getting there):
-- It doesn't matter how long the packing list is, you're gonna forget something! (or several somethings. . .we had to turn around twice!)
-- Microtel's come equipped with a micro-pool, but no iron and ironing board (micro or otherwise)
-- When travelling with Alaina, it's a good thing to come with bandaids .. .lots of 'em.
-- And last, but certainly not least (and not even some new, really), any moment I spend with Terri is bound to be one I'll cherish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
It sounds like the trip started right! I love the what you have learned parts, LOL. You know I am a big traveler and I always learn something ; )

Connie