Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Birthday Bliss . . .

I know, I've been the bad blogger lately. Was consumed with getting the party extravanganza organized. Thought I'd never get it done! Thank goodness my mom came over on Friday to pick up Alaina (I had a horrible migraine that day) and stayed and helped me clean! She was still vacuuming stuff when people arrived the next day, and as the party wound down, she vacuumed again! tehehe . . my mom sounds a little vacuum obsessed, doesn't she?

Anyway, not a long post today, but wanted to share a couple of pictures.

Alaina at the pumpkin farm on Thursday . . . a field trip with her class. The reason for the ugly blue shirt instead of something more fallish/festive.


Alaina thrilled by something at the party. I hate that this picture is so shadow-y. But love this expression. Alaina is just so open with her emotions (the good ones like this one, and the not so good ones!)


Isn't this one happy looking bunch? We went to the pumpkin farm, again. For those of you in the DFW 'burb area . . . they now have 2 locations. The original one in Celina (the one we went to on Thursday) and the new location at Owens Farm in Richardson ( where we went on Sunday). We've been the past 8 years to the first location . . .we know the owners and that makes it even more fun. We also know the guy managing the new location, I remember him passing out Jolly Green Giant freebies when we were kids (that's another post all together! ROFL). . . now he's passing out hot dogs and ring pops! He and the owner's parents thought we were absolutely nuts to be out there on Sunday. I think we picked the coldest day of the season to go . . . but it was the only day that all the family (except my brother) could be there.

Don't the kids look thrilled to be on the hayride? ROFL (the girl with the orange hairbow is my niece).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay! Happy, happy, joy, joy. A new post! I'm laughing right out loud over the look on Alaina's face in the group photo. That is classic. Guess she was cold? On that pumpkin photo with the blue shirt - just colorize the pumpkin like you did the roses, and leave the rest black and white. If you do that, you will have the perfect fall photo! I know... you have probably aready done that...

scrappinmia said...

Love the pumpkin photo!! Actually blue is perfect since blue and orange are complementary colors (remember I used to teach art) and one of my favorite color combos. Great picture.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Heather, these pix are SOOOO telling! I LOVE the one of Alaina leaning on the pumpkin. Wow! Beautiful! It's great to see you again!

Sophia

Jamie said...

How was the one in Richardson- I think we may go this weekend...if we can. We went to Celina last year and loved it, but if we can go closer I think we may this year...just since it's so crazy!