So, today was Allison's first "real" Brownie meeting. We didn't sign her up for Daisies last year, as she was already in YPrincesses (Indian Princesses, Adventure Princesses . . .whatever is politically correct now!) and we were afraid of overwhelming her. ROFL .. . I shouldn't have worried. That's the most unscheduled group of dad's I think I've met! They took the girls on 2 campouts, did maybe 3-4 other meetings the entire year, did a parade (we won't discuss that fiasco!), and that was about it. I decided she could handle Brownies and princesses this year. She was so shy during the meeting. . . hung back and didn't say much. Said she didn't know the Girl Scout promise she'd memorized at home, or the "Make New Friends" song, that we'd been singing since Tuesday. She just kinda watched and I had to shoo her on with the other girls. I know it's not because she didn't know any of them. There are at least 4 of them I know she knows. I'm hoping as time goes on, she'll make friends with some of them . . .which is why I wanted her to be in Brownies. All her friends at school are boys. I want her to have some little girl friends. The first week of school last year, I drove by every day at recess to see what she was doing. . . .she was always swinging alone. She'd just learned to swing, and it was what she wanted to do at recess. I know I can't push it, but my heart was so heavy to see her spending all that time alone. So, here she is . .. modeling her new Brownie vest, with her new patches on it. I called Mom and bragged that I didn't have to stitch the patches on . . . they were IRON-ONS! I was so excited! Till I tried to iron them on! ROFL . . .sooooooo not easy to iron on. I fought with each one of them. I did finally win . .. I think. And she does look happy, doesn't she?
Sunday, October 02, 2005
On My Honor . . .
So, today was Allison's first "real" Brownie meeting. We didn't sign her up for Daisies last year, as she was already in YPrincesses (Indian Princesses, Adventure Princesses . . .whatever is politically correct now!) and we were afraid of overwhelming her. ROFL .. . I shouldn't have worried. That's the most unscheduled group of dad's I think I've met! They took the girls on 2 campouts, did maybe 3-4 other meetings the entire year, did a parade (we won't discuss that fiasco!), and that was about it. I decided she could handle Brownies and princesses this year. She was so shy during the meeting. . . hung back and didn't say much. Said she didn't know the Girl Scout promise she'd memorized at home, or the "Make New Friends" song, that we'd been singing since Tuesday. She just kinda watched and I had to shoo her on with the other girls. I know it's not because she didn't know any of them. There are at least 4 of them I know she knows. I'm hoping as time goes on, she'll make friends with some of them . . .which is why I wanted her to be in Brownies. All her friends at school are boys. I want her to have some little girl friends. The first week of school last year, I drove by every day at recess to see what she was doing. . . .she was always swinging alone. She'd just learned to swing, and it was what she wanted to do at recess. I know I can't push it, but my heart was so heavy to see her spending all that time alone. So, here she is . .. modeling her new Brownie vest, with her new patches on it. I called Mom and bragged that I didn't have to stitch the patches on . . . they were IRON-ONS! I was so excited! Till I tried to iron them on! ROFL . . .sooooooo not easy to iron on. I fought with each one of them. I did finally win . .. I think. And she does look happy, doesn't she?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a sweetie! I can't believe she was shy! What a great Mom you are to worry about those things. {{{}}}
How cute!! Sounds like she'll be fine...
Oh, I remember sewing on my own brownie patches! Iron-on SHOULD be much easier! What a sweet and sensitive mama you are. She looks as tickled as can be! Keep up the good work!!
Sophia
Post a Comment