Monday, November 07, 2005

Run for your Life!

I was sitting here just a few minutes ago, and Alaina started running around the coffee table. Then she shouted out "I running for my life!" I looked at her stunned. Where had she come up with that?!?!?! ROFL, I should've known. Mom and Dad took the kids to see Chicken Little on Friday night, and he says that in the movie.

But it got me to thinking. How often is it that we run for our lives? Not in the sky-is-falling kinda way, but that hectic running, trying to get it all done? The pace of the world nowadays is almost frantic. Kids to run to lessons (and we hold them to one type of lessons .. . I can only imagine how bad it would be if we let them all do multiple things!), getting things to fix up the house, a million trips to the grocery store (because i never remember everything!), laundry, laundry, laundry. And a house that never stays clean. Put on top of that church, a Bible study, the occasional scrapping time, eating out, seeing movies, planning parties for the kids' classes. Man, it just never ends! My October calendar was crowded!

I'm gearing up for a more relaxed November and December (yeah right!). I'm going to try hard to schedule less and have more time to enjoy LIFE. . . .enjoy the kids .. . .do things that will make us all happy. (I say this as I'm trying to figure out how I'll get Alaina to school at 9:15, when I have a meeting scheduled for 9!) I'm not going to get all hung up in the Christmas running around . . and this year at the family thanksgiving, Andy's promised me some "me" time.

So here's to making things more simple . . .to stop all that "gotta run now" stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it seem like when it rains it pours? And, whenever I stop and slow down, WHAM! life gets even busier. I really hope that you are able to enjoy the holidays at a slower pace. I know that I'm going to do that too. As for Little Miss and her "running for my life" comment - that girl cracks me up!