This can be a good thing, or a bad thing.
Good . . . I got the iPod I've been asking for on Friday for my birthday. Spent a lot of this weekend looking up songs, downloading them from iTunes, etc.
Bad . . . I've been wanting to get more daytime reading time in with Alaina. Reading to her through the foggy glass when I'm in the shower . . . not so much!
Good, yet bad, part 1 . . . . I love girl scout cookies. Yummy! They rank at the top of my list as far as sweets. Bad . . . Allie's selling them. I hate selling things. When I worked at gymboree, I never tried to sell people 20 thousand pieces to the wardrobe. I rang up what they handed me, tried to help them out if they needed something to match, and that was it. And as Allison is a 1st grader, you can imagine who's doing most of the selling! Andy had one lady from work tell him she'd buy "at least" one box of cookies, if Allie would write her a note about why she was selling (basically give her sales pitch). #1 . . . this lady has no idea how long it takes Allison to write anything .. . and #2, unless she writes fairly slowly, it's not going to be anything the woman can read!
Good, yet bad, part 2 . . . . I put several camera things on my Christmas/Birthday list. I got a 50 mm fixed lens for Christmas. That's working out well. My birthday . . .my sweet dad fixed me up a bag of goodies. A couple of different filters (a skylight filter and a Polorizing filter), plus a soft focus lens (he said it would work better than a soft filter, which I'd asked for), this lens, an adapter, and 2 other things I haven't figured out (can't remember what he told me) what they're for. All very cool things. The soft focus lens and the 5x lens, he told me I'd need to set it at f4 . . . I don't even know how to do that! Hoping that's one of the first lessons when I go to photography class! So, great, because he picked this stuff out for me, and knew it was stuff, I wanted . .. but it goes to show you, you'd better watch what you ask for .. . you just might get it!
Monday, January 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ahhh, so I'm guessing that I missed your birthday. Drats! I'm sorry 'bout that. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU. It sounds like it was a fabulous one - you raked in the treasures (grin). And about that iPod - did you know that I covet one of those so badly that I've begun to dream about them? I.Will.Be.Getting.An.iPod.Soon. That's all there is to it. I am so thrilled for you over this gift. WAY TO GO!
Way to go on the camera stuff! You will learn so much in your class...makes such a huge difference in your pictures! If they don't cover f-stops soon enough, let me know and i'll help you out.
Post a Comment