Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hoping all is well with you all and that you have an enjoyable day. I've been swamped. . . between a soccer game, a birthday party, a banquet for Andy and Allie, playing dominoes with my sister and BIL, taking pictures up at the school for Allie's V-day party, colorizing them, organizing the shindig, and taking pictures for my photography class I haven't had a moment to get the regular stuff done (you know .. . housecleaning, cooking).

So, Andy and Allie had a father/daughter banquet for the YMCA Adventure Princesses . .. or whatever they're calling it this year! Took me an hour to get Allie's hair done. Messed with different exposures and tried a little f-stop stuff (still need some help with that!). Here's one of the pictures:

Ian had a soccer game Saturday afternoon. We were hoping that since it was late afternoon, it might warm up some. NOOOOOO . . . I think it was the coldest day we've had this winter. And on top of that, the winds were strong! I heard that Sunday the winds were 40 mph. I know Saturday had to be that fast. I took NO pictures. . . never happens! But I had to bundle up the girls and myself so we could survive watching the game. They did win 5-1. Go Jags!

So, last Friday I took pictures of Allison's class for their Valentine's Day scrapbooks (they put their valentines in a handmade little book and their pictures were to be on the cover). Then I made a second photo for them to take home to Mom and Dad. Here's Allie's:

Finally, class assignment for this time was landscapes and architexture. SOOOOOO not interested in these topics. I finally came up with these. Thinking the first one is a VERY weak landscape!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Andy has changed since college! BBBBlLLUUUUUU (me throwing up!) I like the second picture of the building. Where do you find time to do all of that??? You're amazing! I can barely make it to Emma's V-day party!
CP

Jamie said...

Love the valentine scrapbook idea! Was that yours or the teachers?

That 2nd building is really cool- i'm with you though...nature and landscape really don't excite me! Maybe if i were somewhere cool like NYC or europe...but here, not so much!

Anonymous said...

Okay, these pictures rock my world. I love them. Absolutely love them.

You've been busy, I've been busy, and we have not touched bases (my fault because I have that email response issue going on). I miss you. A lot! I'm trying to play some catch up this morning. Maybe that will help me feel more connected.

Stay warm. It's really a weird winter. We have temps in the 30's, but last week we had a foot of snow and then two 60+ degree days. Go figure.