So, onto insecurities. I've had the first 2 of my photography classes this week. Our first assignment was self portraits (YUCK!). So I spent over 2 hours taking pics . . .I think I took somewhere in the realm of 150! I pulled the ones I thought were fairly good and took them in (we were supposed to take between 2-5). He showed all of them up on the big screen, and asked questions, shown were there could've been improvements, etc. He got to mine, said something about it being good to do closeups (I had a pic of my hands scrapbooking), said "Very nice pictures" and moved on. No asking about ISO, if I shot with or without a flash. So, of course, that leaves me to wondering how good they really were. Are they that horrible that he didn't even want to start discussing them? {sigh} I don't know. This Tuesday we're supposed to bring in portraits. Will see what I can do about getting some people together for that.
Here are a couple of them . . .



Excited . . .tonight the 6 of us grown-up kids (my sister and her husband, my brother and his wife, and the 2 of us) are going to Bob's Steak and Chop for dinner. YIPPEE . . . . I do find it funny that they have "glazed carrot" on their menu. Nope, not a typo. For $2.95 you can get one huge glazed carrot. tehehe
2 comments:
i hate when they do that! I had my favorite session to share and he didn't even take a look at my favorite pictures that I thought were simply amazing. I had the same questions...and never had the nerve to ask for an answer afraid of what he would say!
I love Bob's! And the carrot is amazing!!! Well, all of it is really! Lucky you!
The bottom picture of you is awesome. I can't imagine why he didn't delve into more regarding exposure, etc. Don't be insecure, because in the end, it boils down to whether or not you are pleased with the results. And I think you should be very pleased with these pictures. I'm giggling because I've had to take pics of my hands scrapbooking before (for EKstrav) and I know from that experience that those pictures are NOT easy to take! Nice work.
Post a Comment