Thursday, September 15, 2005

Heather's Favorite Things Show

Okay, was cruisin' blogs today. . and noticed this on Wendi's blog. She suggested coming up with your own 10 favorite things. . . much like Oprahs "favorite things" show. So here's the second post for today.

So . . .here they are, in no particular order:

1: Ethel's Chocolate Lounge. Wonder what I have to do to get one of these put in at the mall by the house. Oh my goodness. . .we had the chocolate fondue when we were in Chicago (plus Andy and I bought a few extra pieces of chocolate) and it was YUMMY! Can't you tell Allie was totally absorbed in it? The kids had never fondued before, and oh, did they love it!

2. While we're talking Chocolate, let's talk my favorite chocolate covered Strawberries from Godiva. Oh, those things are good! Not like I eat them much at $2 a berry. ROFL Not to mention their dark chocolates and caramels. {sigh}

3. I've fallen in love with these tin boxes from IKEA. Both of them for $6.99. What a great price. They have little handles and they hold tons of stuff! You'd not believe how many Chatterbox embellishments I got into one of the large ones! You can see them in my Expedit storage in the pictures from my first post from today.

4. Okay, those of you who know me and my shopping habits, knew this was going to show up somewhere on the list! Gymboree . .. love it! It wears well. . . Allie can wear it for one or two years (summer stuff.. . she can wear for 10-12 months) and you can't tell it's been worn! This skort is what Alaina wore for the first day of school. . .it's SOOOOO her personality! She loves animal print. They've got circle of friends this weekend (everything in the store OR on the website is 30% off). If you need the email so you can take advantage of this deal, email me (see link in sidebar) and I'll forward you the email.

5. This 50mm lens and a darned powerful zoom lens.

6. Super Suppers. If you're like me and you're NOT found of cooking, check them out and see if there's a franchise near you. I've liked almost everything we've gotten from them. I wish the selection was bigger. . . but it's good stuff!

7. Beth Moore Bible studies . .. all of 'em, with the DVD sets. Wow . . .they're amazing. If you've never done one, you should look into them! I learn so much each time I've done one.

8. Have you checked out Exposures? Those boxes! Know what willpower it took for me not to get them for my new room? But I was afraid they wouldn't be the right shade of green, so I refrained . . .but did you see the price?!?!?!

9. Sisterchicks. Both book form. . .and the IRL kind! {vbg} Counting down to November 1st when they'll be saying "Ooh La La!" Can't wait to read the 5th book from Robin Jones Gunn . . .and no, as far as I know, she's not related. As for the IRL Sisterchick . . . not only is it great to have someone who's there for you no matter what .. . will send papers, album kits, and such, it's a thrill to have someone who's so on your wave length. Not sure I could ever give those away in a show though!

10. tehehe . . . Scotch double sided tape . . .tons for everyone! I can't tell you how many things I used it for today! Used it to stick one of my new WSD stamps to an acryllic block so I could stamp on the front of a comp book . . . used it to hold down some ribbon. . . used it for a gift (to wrap one, not give it away. ROFL, although there are days I'd love it as a gift!).

So, there you go, my 10 Favorite things. I know, not much scrapbooking there. . . but figured I should share some of my other favorites with you guys. You know my scrapbooking favorites. If you add your 10 favorite things to your blog, let me know. . .I'd love to check them out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so honored to have made the list...

I so wish I lived closer and you had NOT introduced me to Godiva's Strawberries and caramels! YUMMY!

I think I might have to start a blog myself!

Anonymous said...

love, love, love your list. I feel like I know you a little better after reading it. Fun stuff!