Some of you may remember my rant from several weeks ago . .. . when I asked what Oprah was gonna do about Katrina. ROFL . . .think she read my blog and decided to spend $10 million of "her own money" to help rebuild NOLA?
So, rant over. . . .she did a good thing. She made it obviously clear that it wasn't Angel Network money she was working with there, that $10mil donation. She did a good thing. . . coming through with a good chunk of her own money to help rebuild. And that registry thing. . . pretty cool. Although, I'm hoping that they'll do some of their shopping somewhere else. You guys seen these towels at Target? Oprah's got towel sets for 2 people for $50 on her registry . . . this set is $30. tehehe . . .think I should be her bargain shopper? Seriously though. . .my sister has these towels at her house, and I was impressed at how good looking/feeling they were.
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my heck! The bargain shopper comment is killing me. You should forward the links to your blogs to her producer. They actually do read stuff like that! Gotta love Oprah. She is one class act, isn't she?
Hey girl you found me. Had fun scrappin' with you the other night. Love your blog and I totally agree about Oprah. These people don't need $50 towels. How about $20 towels AND $30 in. . . ???? soap, toothpaste, shampoo etc. It is a great idea though. Good for her!
Cindy
I think those are the towels I have in my guest bathroom- I love them...I need to get a set for my bathroom because seriously, they are nicer than my polo set! Unfortunately they don't come in sheet size and those are my favorites!
Post a Comment