Monday, September 26, 2005

Our Gift from Rita


So these clouds, some steady wind, and a little "spit" from Rita was all we got. No massive rain, no tornadoes. . . no steady rain even. Not that I'm upset by that. . . although some rain and some cooler weather would've been nice.

BTW, all the people driving up and down the street now think I'm nuts as I took about 30 pictures of the sky Saturday afternoon.

In other news . . .we got slaughtered for the 2nd time in 3 days time by the same soccer team. First game the score was 7-1, second game was 8-2. EEK! Thank goodness we don't have to play them again this season. Bad news is our game this week is against the team that beat THAT team. EEEEEKKKKKK! I'm scared to go! At least I'm getting some good shots of Ian.

I've got Allie signed up for a "mini-Sweethearts" clinic. The Sweethearts are the drill team for the high school we feed into. So we'll be going to our first High School football game on the 14th. That'll be interesting.

And for those who know about the migraine thing. . . the dr. is pulling me off the old preventative meds and putting me on a new one. . . whole process will take about 5 weeks (have to slowly taper on new meds and slowly taper off old ones). He seems like a good dr. . . but he uses a lot of $50 words.

Guess that's about all I have here . . . .

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I hope it helps your migraines! That is no fun!

mini-sweethearts sounds fun...and a good photo op!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Those clouds look black! I'm giggling about the high school football game. While you are there, watch the students and that will give you a peek into my world. You will freak (and have pity for me). The migraines - hey, I say whatever it takes to keep you free of pain, you just have to do it (barring becoming addicted, if you know what I mean).

scrappinmia said...

Wow-drill team. I always wished that I could have done that (our school was too small) but I was in flag corps. Either way I got to wear spandex and sequins. Yuck! Hope your head feels better soon.
Cindy