Sorry for not posting lately.
It's been a weekend. We started it off painting the soon to be scrapbook studio a shade of sage green called Restful. ROFL . . the weekend certainly hasn't been restful, not even from the getgo when I had to wait behind a woman buying paint for her entire 2500 sq. ft. house while I patiently waited for my 1 gallon of Restful paint. Even the Home Depot guy laughed at the irony.
Seems as if painting brings on migraines. So after a day of painting the walls Restful, I ended up with a migraine on Saturday. No Trading Spaces for me! I spent all of Friday in bed sleeping off the migraine. Andy did a little trim painting, but that was all.
Sunday .. . that was supposed to be the day all the Ikea furniture got built. I went up to the church and spent about 6 hours sorting stuff for the Katrina victims. We have at least one shelter in our county, with possibilities of more. And the churches of Christ have come together to find homes for those who they can and are placing them. WE know there's a home about 5-6 minutes from us with 19 family members in it that our church is helping out. Anyway, we got a ton of donations and I took Ian with me yesterday afternoon and left Andy to paint some table legs and build furniture. The painting happened . . .the building didn't. 3 pieces from the huge shelving unit were damaged. {sigh} and needed to go back. . . and guess who had the receipt? Yep . . .me. So another wasted day in home makeover land.
And we backslide last night. . .. pulled a bunch of stuff out of storage and went through it so that we could donate whatever we could to the 19 member family, another family, and then whoever else could use it. So now my living room is a disaster!
So, this morning, Andy's back at Ikea, exchanging the damaged pieces.
Wonder if this will just be a 4 day deal . . .he has a desk, a table, and that wall unit to build today.
We hit the under a $1000 part. . . .but the 2 days part. Well, we doubled that. Think Trading Spaces will want us? ROFL
Monday, September 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry to hear about your migraine. Hope you feel better.
Oh, Heather! I am so sorry the migraine hit but am so happy I know you. Your work for the victims is wonderful. I love when trauma hits our country and the people rise to the occasion and help, just because they can! You are a hero, my friend ; )
Connie
Bummer on the migraine. Do it yourself is never as easy as it seems. There are always those darn glitches that creep up. I hope that in the end, you will be very happy. It sounds lovely.
Post a Comment