Thursday, September 08, 2005

If You Give A Pig A Party . . . .

My kids love these "If You Give A. . . " books. We laugh and giggle and tease all the way through the reading of any of these books. The latest one came out Tuesday and I picked it up today because I knew the kids had been wanting to read it. The logic behind the books is just so funny and the kids follow it along.

After giggling along, and finding all of Pig's friends, the kids decided to make up their own version. . . "If You Give A Pig a Potty . . . " started out about potty training and quickly veered into toilet papering her friend's house (that mischevious pig!), getting run over by a car, mouse and moose saving her and taking her to the hospital, and finding TP in the hospital . . which, of course, leads her back to the potty. Silly kids.

But they always know how to put me in a good mood. They've been full of their silliness over the last couple of days. . .more than usual. I don't know if they could tell that I needed it or what.

So, book recommendation of the week . . . .get any of the "If You Give A . .. " books, grab a small (or not so small . . .Ian laughs harder than the girls sometimes) child, enjoy a good laugh, and perhaps make up a story of your own.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to get these books for my favorite little kids this holiday season. I miss out on the latest WOW books now that my kids are older.

Jamie said...

I love those books...now I wished i'd ordered it yesterday from scholastic...love them, that the only thing I miss about teaching :) Cheap books and points to buy more cheap books! However, I have a garage full of great books and I really don't need anymore!

Jamie said...

did you get a spam comment? I haven't had one of those yet...if I do, you'll have to tell me how to do the wv thing.

Anonymous said...

My kids love those books. The chick-fila here is giving them away in the kids meals. So now we have copies that we are keeping the car.

Anonymous said...

We have all of these books. My kids made up a homeschool mom version for me. I'll have to find it and send it to you, H.

G.