Friday, September 23, 2005

Superstars and other things. . .

At Alaina's preschool, the Bible teacher picks out a boy and girl "superstar" each day. If you get 2 same colored stars, you get to eat lunch with the Bible teacher. First day of school, Alaina came home with a red colored star and proclaimed "I'm a superstar!" Tuesday, she came home again telling me she was once again a superstar and we needed to add her second star to the first one hanging on the fridge. Searched that backpack all over . .. no star. She was insisted that she'd gotten one from Mrs. Elisha that day. Checked with Mrs. Tracie yesterday . .. and sure enough, she got a star, took it out on the playground, then gave it to Mrs. Tracie. . .star ended up in Mrs. Tracie's pocket and got washed. We're working on getting her another red star. . . tehehehe the little superstar! Doesn't she look like one?

In other superstar news . . . .Ian's game last night. . .got better photos, in the 20 minutes that I was actually there for the game. Game overlapped Allie's jazz class, so Andy took Ian and I brought the girls when class was over. Here's a shot of Ian in which no other kid's face is in it. . .tehehe (Kelly, this was as close as I could zoom . . .I was on the sidelines, and he was mid field. . . I think you were way further away. Should one 70-300 zoom closer in than another?)

Ahhhhh . . .the pumps. The gas stations in the Dallas area are running out of gas. We're not close enough to get anything more than rain and some winds from Rita. . . .but everyone's stocking up. When I got gas yesterday during Allie's dance class, one station had nothing left but premium gas, and this 7-11 had run out of regular unleaded. They however, were selling the mid-grade for regular unleaded price. . .thought that was cool of them. And they've probably won my business over the long haul. By the time Andy got out last night to get groceries over the weekend (we always have tons of water, so that's not an issue, but wanted to make sure we were well stocked on the basics and some meals), he had to go to 2-3 gas stations to even FIND gas! EEK

So, we should be okay. . .living where we live. They originally said there was the possibility of tornadoes or power outages where we're at.. . not sure what today's prediction is. But predictions don't really mean much, huh? For those of you reading, I'll do my best to keep you guys updated if anything does in fact hit here. If there is a longer than several hour power outage, we won't stay here. . .100 degree weather is just too hot for the kids. We do have several options though. . .some as near as my parents, depending on how bad the outage is. We frequently have weather here that they don't have a mere 20 minutes away (or vice versa), so that's will be our first option. If we actually have to leave the area, there's Andy's parents in San Antonio (although I still don't get how going further south is a good idea. . .someone clue me in!), my mom's family is all in Arkansas . . . or Terri, maybe we'll head up your way and make a visit! {vbg} But seriously, we think it will just be a lot of rain and some wind. . .most of the rain will be soaked into our dry, dry ground.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you are always welcome! :) It took Kelly 15 1/2 hours to go from Houston to Austin yesterday.... UGH

Terri

Anonymous said...

Wow! So much info in your blog today. Love the superstar picture. Funny about the red stars. The zoom - that's probably about right. I can get John's full body at midfield when I zoom it the most, it looks to be about the same for you. The gas, or lack thereof, YIKES. Don't drive, that's the solution. And, if you have to leave, you can always come up north to Virginia. We have room for you (grin). Stay safe. I'll be praying for you guys.