Thursday, December 01, 2005

Ahhh . .. the sights of Christmas

Ahhhhh . . . .December. I love this month. . . the getting ready, the excitement of the kids, the decorations, shopping, the traditions.

I came home to a nice little surprise in my mailbox today from my "Griswold" friend Erin.


Inside, it says "Happy Decoration X-sess!" Tehehe . . .I know "they" say there's a card for every event. . . .I didn't know our Griswold Adventures was one of them. Thanks Erin!

The kids had their first Advent event today. Ian wasn't super thrilled to find out today's activity was "Go shopping for PJs". I won't tell him it was supposed to be "Watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" until I saw them putting out pjs at Old Navy today.



This month I'll be sharing Christmas music and lights with you.

Santa Claus and Popcorn is my all time favorite Christmas song from my youth. I know this had to come from some Firestone record (yep, LP) that my dad had from waaayyyyy before. I didn't know until I started searching for it that Merle Haggard sung it. tehehe . . .we were not big country folks at our house. I can't tell you how many times my sister and I listened to this song each Christmas season. I don't think I have ever met anyone who actually knows this song! But click on the link and take a listen while you continue to read.

So as not to be misunderstood, all of my house photos for the month will NOT be in the Griswold finals. (Heck, most of the Griswold finalists are still working on their displays!) There are some lovely decorations around and they need recognition too! You know, the sincere kind. So, here's a house from a large, well-known neighborhood not to far from here. This house doesn't show up nearly as well on the photo as it was IRL . . . .hard to get some of those nighttime pictures. They've done a simple white outline. I may be boring, but I love the white light look. And yes, for those of you who've told me I have a big house, ALL of these lights are on 1 house, not 2 seperate ones. It sits on a corner and wraps around 2 sides.



edited to add: Another Alaina funny (man, I might need to dedicate another blog to her and her quotes!)

We went out to dinner last night, and I (as usual) had to take Alaina to the bathroom. She always waits until right before the food's supposed to come out and then needs to go. She got in there and looked in the toilet and said "OH, this is yucky business!" ROFL . . . it was the residue of a good toilet cleaning. . . some blue water and bubbles. She flushed, and said "Good! The blue's gone, but the bubbles are still here. I like bubbles!" Then, after finishing. . . she started her rendition of "Shake your Booty!", which involved chanting "Shake your booty!" and shaking it! All through the pulling up the pants process, the hand washing process, and walking back out to the table. tehehe . . .that kid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GASP! You switched out the movie for a shopping trip to Old Navy? That cracks me up. Heaven forbid when Ian reads your blog (years down the road) and realizes that his mom manipulated the advent events. Funny, funny! So, did you get the old navy pj's? I love that picture of the kids. Good job gathering them together for the photo. My kids would never allow me to take their picture together (unless I bribed them, which I've been known to do on occasion).