Today's music selection: "Do they Know it's Christmastime" sung by a conglomeration of artists known as Bandaid. I remember this release so well. It was winter of my 8th grade year. . . my friends that year were a bit on the "Flock of Seagulls" side. We listened to the Thompson Twins, Eurythmics, Howard Johnson, David Bowie. I was like the preppy dresser among them, although I do remember a certain neon sweatshirt I wore with a belt that wrapped around my waist twice! Anyway, we are were wild about the song, especially as it came from Great Britain.
So, today's advent activity was an easy one . . . hang stockings. Well, we knew we had a Christmas party at church tonight, but I didn't want to put that on a circle, as I never know if we'll go on a particular year. There must've been 12 million people there! Okay, that's a stretch . . .but quite a few. Hundreds! Pizza and Santa showed up .. . and there was a cake walk. My kids came home with one of the batches of brownies we made, some gumdrop cupcakes, and some of those little mice made out of chocolate covered cherries and hershey kisses. The kids sat on Santa's lap and asked for what they'd told us they wanted . . .thank goodness!




I just love the look on Alaina's face. She was so excited to hang up her stocking.
As I promised, here's Dueling Neighbors, Part Deux. These people live to the left of the house from yesterday .. .Notice the lights in every window. . . and the fact that only ONE half of their yard is lit up . .. I guess because they don't want to draw attention to the next door neighbor's house??
2 comments:
Don't you hate it when the provider (is that what you call blogger or typepad?) won't let you add photos? I've wasted hours trying to get around that, and in the end, the computer always wins. DRATS! I hate it when that happens.
So, the church party was a success. That's great. I'm glad that the kids are still in the spirit of things. Here's hoping that this will continue for the whole season. So far, you have had great success! Send some my way, would you?
Me again... OH. MY. GOSH! Those hats the girls have on are the absolute best. I am LOVING these pictures. WOW! Great job with the outfits. How fun for them, and how great for your future pages.
Post a Comment