Thursday, December 15, 2005

Hoping Time Slows down

Well, another short lapse. The kids have been sick, and apparently I caught it! ARGH We've been trying to keep up with the advent calendar. . .have a couple of days to make up. {sigh} I was hoping this would help keep me in line! Let's not even talk about the lack of Christmas shopping around here. I'm afraid I will never be caught up!

Hope you guys enjoyed the links to the videos of those houses I shared on Monday. Here's another set of pictures for you to enjoy.



These people actually have some lights on the back side of their house too. I find that whole thing a little odd, as they just about backed up to a small cemetery that the subdivision north of us is built around. And a closeup of the door area:



Yep, that's one Santa in the window, with another one hanging down in front of the door. Makes you wonder if they're really Santas, or just thieves trying to break in! {vbg}

Today, we started our work on the "Gifts from the Heart" that we're planning on sharing on Christmas Eve (Erin, 2 things . . . 1-- will give you more info in the invite that will hopefully be going out Friday, and 2 -- stop reading here so you don't see Ian's gift!)

Ever since Ian took an ornament class several weeks ago, he's wanted to make more. So I bought supplies for him to make some fancy ornaments. I helped him a little, but he did the mod podging and painting by himself. And picked out who would get each one. Take a peek (once again . . .except you Erin!):



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Loving Ian's ornaments. He did a great job. If he's like me, he loves to make anything that uses Mod Podge (what is it about that stuff that makes me happy?).

These holiday lights photos I like. They are pretty. I'm guessing that the people who put lights up at the back of their house must have an affinity for the dead. Maybe they are trying to share the season with the deceased too? It's a thought. But then, remember, I believe in the Ghost of Mrs. Shaning, so I play into that sort of thing.