Thursday, December 22, 2005

It's beginning to look like Christmas . . .

The kids are on their first day of Christmas break. They both had a great time at parties yesterday. I'm Allison's room mom, so I'm there for the whole party, trying to get everything done. So, I did what I usually do . . .I sent Andy to Ian's party with a camera. Ian's so thrilled to have Andy come to these things.

Everytime I do one of these things, I worry that there's not enough to do. And always, we rush through to get it all done. But the kids always seem to have a great time. Guessing it doesn't really matter what you do, as long as they're good and sugared up and it's different from the regular routine.

We were going to make a gingerbread tree 2 nights ago . . .the icing just never gelled right. So yesterday, we used leftover icing from the party and got the tree all done. The plan was to get a gingerbread house, but well . . .Mom waited too late! So I picked up an onsale tree set. And I think from now on that's what I'm going to buy every year! It was so much more easy to put it together than those houses!



The kids always want to get a "silly" picture. They're well trained from the group silly pictures that get taken at school! They decided we needed a picture of them getting ready to eat the tree.



Christmas lights picture of the day. This house annoyed me . . .I don't like the tree trunks wrapped and the branches left empty (man, I'm starting to sound Christmas lights picky, aren't I?). But then I noticed the centerpiece of the whole display, and it put a grin on my face!



How many people would think to light up the basketball goal??? Just so funny!

3 comments:

Deana Nall said...

Hi, Heather -- I left a comment in your scrapbooking blog before I realized you had this one. It was great to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Oh No!! We wrapped our tree trunks only!!! Can we still be friends??

Your kids look fun!
Carol

Jamie said...

I'm glad the tree worked out so well! Sometimes procrastination isn't all bad!