Saturday, December 17, 2005

Whirlwind of Activity

First off . . .Allison's well . .. we're all well, for the moment.

We've been quite busy. Of course, Allison occupied all of Thursday. Then I worked on her class party on Friday. Can I just say thank goodness for xyron machines! The craft is one of those oriental trading foam crafts . . .and they just never stick with glue or the glue gets all runny. So I'm xyroning all the pieces and will be able to hand each kid a xyroned strip.

Then last night, Andy and I went Christmas shopping. Finished up the kids' gifts. We waited too long to get all the things I'd planned on getting. Hoping Alaina's not too irritated when she doesn't get the big giraffe she wanted. Thinking not, as she keeps saying she's getting a Gameboy, and we keep telling her she's not old enough. She's got one under the tree. . .tehehe. Also got a few gifts for some of the adults I needed to buy for.

We stayed up until after 4 this morning wrapping everything! EEK But I wanted to wrap them while we had the chance . . .ever since the year that I waited until Christmas Eve to wrap and we ended up spending most of the night in the ER with Ian and a broken leg. . . .I try to get them wrapped as we buy them.

Today's light display:


These pictures didn't turn out very well, because there wasn't a lot of lighting. Got a giggle out of these because, 1) there are so many inflatables and 2) they spilled out over their neighbors' yards. They had to outline their display so you could tell what all was theirs, as both neighbors have inflatables too. Anyone see a problem with any one house having THIRTEEN inflatables?

And another house, to make up for yesterday's lack of pictures:



{sigh} didn't realize how blurry this one came out. On first glance, I didn't like this house . . .don't know why, it just didn't hit a chord with me. Upon further glances though, I actually decided I liked it. . . the different colored lights, the way the bushes were covered. This wasn't a buch of net lights (which I'm not that fond of . . .they never cover all they should), these were those large bulb lights and they covered everything well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That house that didn't grab you at first - I like it. The reason I like it is because it is not decorated in an ordinary manner. But yet, it's not tacky. Tacky - those are the houses that crack me up. Now, those blow up snowmen, hmmm, that many borders on tacky. That is one snowman explosion.

I canNOT believe you stayed up that late wrapping gifts. Even for me, that is late. I'm sure you are relieved to have it done, though, so that makes it worth the lack of sleep. Can you believe that I have to wrap every single gift once I arrive at my mom's house? I told her that December 23 was my wrapping day, and that she was in charge of entertaining the kids. She is stressing out - doesn't have a clue how to entertain teenagers. I told her to "feed them" and they will be thrilled.

Anonymous said...

Yep- the "Oh my gosh- did you see THAT ugly house" grew on me too! By the time we actually drove to it to take the pics, I liked it.
Am already looking forward to next year- GAAHMAE will be BIGGER and BETTER! hahaha.... we'll have to be to keep up with all of these outlandish houses!