Monday, December 19, 2005

The awards are out . . .

So, apparently the judges (usually the fire dept, don't know if it was this year) have been out riding around and chosing their favorites displays. The Best Overall display was my neighbors with the train (This is typical! Not sure how many years they've gotten that award!). The Best Theme went to this house:







I guess the theme was Santa, Snowmen, and a dash of the Grinch? I didn't quite figure out what the theme was. "lots of stuff in yard"? Still thinking . . .

The other award was for the house with the most lights. Now, I know you think it's gotta be that syncronized one. But that house is actually in the next subdivision. I think these are the up and comers in the lighting arena. They've got the carpet of lights, just like that other house had when they began!



In other news . . .

Andy and I were with Alaina today. She informed me that she had the fancier jacket between the 2 of us. Andy was puzzled . . . well, mine doesn't have Rainbow Dash on it! tehehe Then Andy told her to remember that when she hit 17 and wanted a formal. He wasn't going to buy her one without Rainbow Dash on it. She told him that wouldn't do . . .she wanted Sunny Daze on it! That kid.

In the midst of working on Allison's class "holiday" party. Occurred to me tonight that I needed hats, gloves, scarves for a game they're planning . . .Mad dash to send the teacher an email to forward to parents. {sigh}

And we got the cards finished tonight. . .this has been a 2 month project. I was determined to get them out this year. Here's the stack that's going out in the am, be on the lookout!:



Wonder how long we'll be at the post office mailing those things off!

Hope you guys are having a great time, this last week before Christmas.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

those look like some big envelopes...it's nice to get them done huh!