Today was "Christmas Karaoke" day at our house. We pulled the karaoke machine Allison got last year from my parents into the living room so we could sing by the tree. Each of the kids got to pick a song (we would've done more, but my parents got home from Austria today and we wanted to go see them!). Alaina picked O Christmas Tree . . .she's got some kind of fascination with that song this year. Allison picks the song she loves to sing, and no one else does . . . 12 days of Christmas, and Ian picked out Frosty. Follow that up with my 2 selections . . . .All I Want for Christmas is my 2 Front Teeth and Rudolph and we had a good little show going on.

I have to add this next picture, because it's SOOOOO Alaina!

Today's song . . . no santasearch happening today for some reason . . . so will just give you a song with an unknown artist (well, he's known, just not by me!). Every time I hear "Go Tell it on the Mountain" I think of childhood. . . and I associate it with my dad. Should check and see if that was a favorite of his, or he sang it a lot or what. Once again . . .version matters. It's the guy with the deep, rich voice. Love that version . . . old version. I think it was on one of Dad's Firestone records. From the 60's or so.
House picture of the day. I might be reissuing this one, if I can get a good picture of the item they're still missing from it.


Think you might be able to see that clear enough. That's a close up of the window over the front door. There's a chair up there. . . a chair that Santa gets put into and he's reading a list of all the kids on the coldisac. I'm not sure how they get it all up there. . .. the owner told me he had the same floor plan we did, and there's no way to get something that wide on our ledge. And, yep, that's four white lighted trees in their house.
2 comments:
Yep! I see the chair. How clever!(?) I can't believe how much fun you have with your children. I award you Mother of the Year because you are Supermom and your kids are always doing something wonderful and exciting.
The pictures are awesome - that stage pose by Alaina cracks me up. It looks like she's doing a dance move in another one. Funny, funny girl!
I followed your link on Kelly's blog, and I love your blog! The Christmas lights and songs are just great! I love Christmas!
Post a Comment