Monday, December 05, 2005

So, DSL decided to give us a ton of trouble yesterday. Believe me, one in a long line of issues we had yesterday.

- I sent 2 boxes of books to 2 friends in different states. Send said boxes to the wrong people . . .so my OK friend got the PA friend's books and vice versa. {sigh}
- Ian tried to use the timer on the microwave yesterday afternoon. It wouldn't work. Andy flipped all the circuit switches in the house making sure that one hadn't blown. We ended up spending an hour at Sears deciding what we wanted to replace it with. Got home, Andy still thought the whole thing was fishy . . .checked the cabinet above the microwave. Lo and behold . . . the plug had been unplugged! ROFL . . . microwave order cancelled today. Good new is, we discovered it, not the delivery men!
- When the circuits got flipped, computer shut off. When we tried to log back onto the internet, it wouldn't work. Tried calling CS, as Andy was able to verify that the computer and wireless was working as it should. They were closed. He ended up spending I don't know how much time with them this am .. .before he discovered they'd changed what address you had to have somewhere on the Linksys log on. {double sigh}

Anyway, no dsl service last night, no ability to log on and get this done.

Advent activity for December 5th . . . visit Santa. I'd have to go back and look, but I *know* this is the 5th year we visited this particular Santa, because I remember taking baby Alaina there and hoping to get a shot of the 2 kids sitting on the floor, "shushing", and Santa laying across his huge chair and pretending to be asleep with a sleeping Alaina on his stomach/chest. I had a friend who did this picture and it turned out sooooo cute! No such luck. Alaina slept until about 15 minutes before our turn. {sigh} I'm pretty sure we visited him the year before Alaina was born too.

We love this guy . . . he has a real beard and moustache. He has real "Santa" hair. And he's so, so sweet to the kids. We ate across the aisle from him at Chili's last year, and all these kids came up to him, and he was still sweet to all of them. I told mine we were going to leave Santa alone so he could eat in peace. . .and he actually called them over to visit with him!

He doesn't look like your regular every day Santa . . .first year it was hard to get used to, but now we all talk about how he's "our" Santa. So . . . here are the kids with Our Santa!


Christmas decorations picture for today:



Yep, apparently these people love UT (University of Texas) so much they've put an inflatable Bevo (the mascot) in the front window. . .not on the the lawn . . .actually in their front room of the house. Guess they're worried about it getting stolen? Also, and hard to see here, they have that side of the house decorated, but on the other side of the sidewalk . . nary a light! ROFL

Another preview of my neighbor's display . . .I'd show you a straight out picture, but he's still finishing it all up. Talked to him, and he says he thinks it'll be finished on Saturday.



Music for the day. Well, it's a song that's not at santasearch.org. . .which apparently is okay, as none of the songs I tried to play there were working today. It's a song by a group called Acappella. I grew up on music from this group . . .starting back when it was just the founder and one other singer. They've been around for 23 years, and I think I've been listening for at least 21 of those years! This song is called "That's What I love about Christmas". . . lyrics here:

Hooking up the Christmas lights, last minute shopping spree
Putting decorations on the evergreen tree
Oh I can hardly wait, that's what I love about Christmas

Shaking packages, mistletoe above the door
Eating too much food and laying down on the floor
Lots of memories, that's what I love about Christmas

Chorus 1:Everyone's sneaking a holiday sweet
No one wants to leave
Little kids acting like they're asleep
While they're trying to catch Santa on Christmas Eve

Mom is cooking dinner, presents underneath the tree
It's a Wonderful Life is showing on TV
Wouldn't change a thing 'cause that's what I love about Christmas

Chorus 2:Stockings stuffed with gifts galore
Home is feeling warm
If you want a good cup of Christmas cheer
Watch a child's expression on Christmas morn

Look at all the Christmas cards, kids playing in the hall
Dad's in the easy chair watching football
Yes it's finally here, that's what I love about Christmas

It took it's time getting here, that's what I love about Christmas
Hope you feel it, that's why I wish you a Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Jamie said...

The bevo would totally be stolen! Jake would love it! As for the santa...I had a bad experience with him! We waited in line for an hour to see him when Jake was 18 months and when we got up there Jake freaked out and I had to sit with him. Santa was actually rude and it was more than I could handle after our rediculous wait! But it was near as bad as Jake & Santa last year- I will post the pic on my blog next week. I've never seen a more pissed off santa!