Wednesday, August 31, 2005
An end of an era
So . .. flashback to February 2004. I was the butt of many a joke at that evening's bunko. Between taking a dead hamster to the vet (oh don't ask!) and apparently buying a new hamster that was pregnant (sigh, only happens to Heather! But either we'd bought the world's meanest hamster or that little one was with little ones!). They were all laughing that I might not end up taking home a prize that night, but i might have multiple ones waiting for me when I got home. ROFL . . .sure enough, I did. . .4 little hairless hamster babies. We took 'em to the vet and found out we had 2 boy hamsters and 2 girl hamsters . .. quickly seperated them so we wouldn't go into the hamster breeding business. We gave away the girls ... the mom died (another tragic story . . .) and the boy hamsters became George and Harold of Captain Underpants fame. Harold passed away about 3 months ago. .. poor thing. And George, the rebel hamster of the litter, quickly went downhill, greying overnight. I checked on the hamsters (Allie's got one too. . . Tigger) this morning and George passed away. Poor thing. The end of the litter. . . .And I know Ian's gonna want another one. ARGH . .. so don't want another hamster. {sigh} How am I gonna talk him out of it? Don't suggest another pet! I'm not a dog person . . .and I don't want a cat either. I want to be a petless household!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment