Saturday, August 06, 2005

On the Road Again . . .

Hmmmm . .. just dawned on me I stopped doing those "what I learned" lists. . .guess I stopped learning when we left Chicago! ROFL . . .might have to fix that when I get all updated.

The original plan was for the guys to leave early in the morning (8:30ish) and go to the Louisville Slugger museum and leave us girls to sleep in and eat cereal and pop tarts instead of that darned breakfast buffet. I was quite sick of it by this point! ROFL

Andy swears he thought the museum didn't open until 10 .. . how I knew it was 9 and he didn't, I don't know! I think he was jealous of my sleeping in time! But they got up late and we all ended up having to go to the Slugger Museum. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Interesting facts and displays . . . got Ian a personalized bat.

We headed towards Nashville, stopping at the Cracker Barrel for lunch . . .the kids fighting over the one peg game at the table. . .but the chicken and dumplin's .. . . yummy! We bought 3 peg games (those things are CHEAP!) and got back on the road.

Got to Nashville, checked in and went to Opry Mills Mall. For you Dallas folk. . . think Grapevine Mills with many of the same stores. They have a restaurant called the Aquarium. With an 1.5 wait (unless you just stand in the roped in line that the people who've already waiting 1.5 hours get in after they've been called back . ..then apparently, they just find a table for you. @@. . . irritation set it at that point!), we cruised the mall for a while, buying a couple baby gifts for my cousin's new son and wondering around. Even though Ian had been dead set against going there (he wanted to order pizza and swim. . . again), both Ian and the girls had a great time. Who wouldn't? They have a 200,000 gallon tank that is the centerpiece of the dining room with sharks, moray eels, sting rays, and fish in it. Food was pricey, but a lot of it . . . and good. Apparently, there's one of these in either Houston or Galveston -- Brother/SIL/Niece went to one on their trip, called the same thing, and SIL said it was owned by Landry's. I didn't bother bringing a camera. . . didn't want to lug it around and we had such a hard time getting good pics at the aquarium, I just didn't want to bother.

The kids were a bit put out with us. By the time this underwater dining experience was over, it was after 10, and there was no time for a game of Glow Golf. We assured them we thought they had this at Grapevine Mills Mall and we could do this sometime back home in Texas.

No comments: